A Doctor tells you about this miracle pill, if you take this pill regularly, it:
- Reduces your chances of having cancer like breast cancer or heart diseases drastically.
- Boosts your memory and increases your productivity many folds.
- Boosts your immunity and helps fight & recuperate from all diseases much faster.
- Reduces your chances of Alzheimer’s and other stress-related diseases drastically.
- Keeps your fat in control and helps reduce weight faster.
- Moreover, you will be much happier on a day to day basis without stress and anxiety.
We all would have grabbed the pill with both hands even if it costs a bomb.
The Pill is: Daily dose of 8-9 hours of good sleep at night.
Now don’t roll your eyes, I know sleep is the last thing in our mind, we are running so fast, that sleep looks like a waste of time.
But there is numerous scientific evidence that both good quality and quantity of sleep leads to a much happier, healthy, and successful life. For further read please refer – Why we sleep book here.
I was always a firm believer in sleep, so much so that I take short naps very frequently apart from the night dose (I wrote this blog sometime back on it). Before understanding sleep benefits I use to feel guilty about these naps or completing my quota of sleep whereas my peers use to get away with just 6 hours of sleep.
But now I can say sleep is one of the most critical requirements of our body. Sleep conditions our body for best productivity and long & healthy life. Understand the symptoms and crohn’s diease
So let’s take our sleep seriously and ensure that we have a daily quota of at least 8 hours of sleep.
Here are the few quick tips for sleeping better:
- Stick to a sleep schedule. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. We in general have a wake-up plan – Alarm clocks, Wakeup calls, etc but start having a go-to bed plan as well on a daily basis.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, or alcohol before sleep. Contrary to the belief that alcohol helps in sleep, its other way around it just brings drowsiness but sleep or rather deep sleep is not possible with it.
- Avoid large meals late at night. I presume you would have felt this yourself, having large meals late night leads to an increase in metabolism for digestion and hence should be avoided.
- Relax before going to bed. Don’t overschedule your day so that no time is left for unwinding. A relaxing activity, such as reading or listening to music, should be part of the bedtime ritual.
- Take a hot bath before bed. When we sleep our body temperature should drop, a hot bath opens body pores and allows the body to cool down. You can try it but again depending on the climate and location etc.
- Dark & cool (Not cold) bedroom, this suits the body and helps get sleep faster.
- Gadget free – No TV, mobiles & laptop. We all know the story of melatonin- sleep hormone and the negative impact of gadgets and screens against it. Avoid any devices at least one hour before bedtime.
- Don’t lie in bed awake. If you find yourself awake after staying in bed for more than twenty minutes or feeling anxious or worried, get up, and do some relaxing activity until you feel sleepy.
So go ahead enjoy your daily pill of sleep and be healty & wealthy in life.